MBA Tech Conference a Success

I want to thank everyone who took the time to visit with me during last week's Mortgage Bankers Association Technology in Mortgage Banking conference. I had a great time and learned a lot. I'll share it with you on my website and in this space this week.

I was glad to see all the usual suspects and some new faces (though the vast majority of them seemed to be working in document imaging). There has been some movement among executives over the past few months, which I'll be addressing in upcoming podcasts. I'm always very interested in learning why top people switch companies. Which of their skills were responsible for the new company's interest? What technologies caused them to leave their old firms? We'll talk to several of these top players in the weeks ahead to find out.

If you're interested in appearing on the podcast, drop me a line.

I got some feedback on a past post that will prompt me to do some additional research. It appears that some of you are not familiar with Fannie Mae's new technology initiative. That makes sense because the company isn't talking about it yet. First, I would direct you to October Research Corporation's Real Estate Technology Insight publication. I wrote a story for the cover of the Dec. 14, 2004 issue that addressed this topic. You might ping RETI's new editor, Matt Smith, about whether the publication is planning on writing an update. In the meantime, I'll poke around and see what there is to find out.

Coming up on the website: what should be included in your company white papers (and what you might want to leave out).

By the way, if you haven't downloaded the cheat sheet for working with your trade publication editor, do it soon (it's on the homepage). It will be falling into the archives shortly -- from whence it may never return (I hope I don't sound like a frustrated fiction writer!). Fill out the form. The information comes only to me and will not be shared, sold, rented or otherwise violated in any way.

Comments

Popular Posts