Trendwatch: Getting to the bottom of SOA

It always happens, sooner or later. Eventually, lenders get tired of hearing the same buzzwords chirped back at them by technology vendors and they start asking tough questions. It happened on the road to MISMO with data standards; it happened back in the early days of Electronic Partner Networks (EPNs) and now it's happening with Services Oriented Architectures.

I'll be hosting a panel at the upcoming Mortgage Bankers Association's Technology in Mortgage Banking conference in San Diego later this month where I hope lenders will show up and ask the tough questions about this important topic. So much has been written about SOA, by myself and others in this space, and yet there are still many unanswered questions. I'll have an expert panel with me and at least two mics on the floor. If you're going to be at the conference, I hope you'll attend the session.

And if you're not but still have thoughts on SOA (or questions), I hope you'll write me. I've received a number of e-mails lately from industry pros who have turned me on to a number of interesting companies. I'll be writing about them in this space in the days ahead. If you're doing something interesting with SOA or software built on it, drop me a line.

Popular Posts