BusinessWeek: launches new podcast

BusinessWeek: Online has launched a new podcast. Hosted by Smart Answers colunmist Karen E. Klein, the first show is an interview with Mike Schultz, publisher of the Rainmaker Report from RainToday.com.

It's a pretty solid effort with some good information for marketing executives and salespeople provided in a straightforward interview style.

Despite the fact that at 22 minutes it was too long and that I expected the production to be a bit flashier, considering the visibility of the BusinessWeek brand, I listened to the entire podcast. But then, this new medium is part of my business. Would a typical businessperson have time for this show? I'm not sure.

I've subscribed to the podcast through my favorite aggregator, Bloglines, and expect to monitor it going forward. I'm hoping they'll do a show on new media soon. I'm interested to see if they can share some of the elements that give podcasts more potential for increasing sales than some traditional marketing methods.

Popular Posts